Date Posted: 6/16/2021
A great part-time job helping persons age with independence in your local community! Northeast Iowa Area Agency on Aging is seeking a meal transporter to delivery routes for a home-delivered meals program (Meals on Wheels) in the Winneshiek and Fayette County area.
This person will be responsible for safely loading, driving, and delivering both hot and cold meal items to locations in neighboring towns. In some cases, the Transporter will be required to unlock a building, place food in ovens, heaters or refrigerators, and relock the building. The position requires driving and problem-solving skills. May occasionally be responsible for delivery of meals directly to consumer.
The following responsibilities are representative of recurring tasks. These are not to be construed as exclusive or inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned. These responsibilities must be performed satisfactorily with or without accommodation.
- Maintain food safety of hot and cold meals in vehicle for transport and storage.
- Courteous to contractors, consumers NEI3A staff and volunteers
- Safely and efficiently drive to designated locations.
- Carry meal bags into facility or assist with loading into volunteer drivers’ vehicles.
- Load, unload, prepare, inspect and operate the delivery vehicle
- Use good judgement if unable to deliver meals to location
- Responsible for transferring paperwork, including route sheets from one location to another
- Must travel during rain and other types of inclement weather
- Must be available for mid-morning to afternoon job schedule
- Complete driving and mileage log as required
- Attendance as scheduled
- Must be able to read maps, or use navigation tools
- Must use cell phone and computer technology including various training programs.
- May occasionally be offered other related transportation assignments
• High school diploma or GED
- Must possess a satisfactory driving record.
- Must be able to complete tasks with minimal supervision.
Travel is a daily part of this job. This person must possess and maintain an Iowa Drivers’ License as well as provide proof of insurance. Daily trips will mostly be within 50 miles of worksite but may occasionally require longer trips within the 18 county NEI3A service area.
• Carry and lift 10 – 30 lbs. daily
- Reach and bend while moving meal carrier bags.
- Must sit and drive for longer periods of time.
- Vehicle, may be agency owned or personal.
- Kitchen and dining room
Deadline to apply is July 3. If you have questions, please contact Bob Schaffer, Director of Employee Services, at 319-874-6846 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.