Senior Medicare Patrol Volunteer
Make an Impact Against Medicare Fraud
Volunteer for the Senior Medicare Patrol Program and Make an Impact Against Medicare Fraud!
Help protect your community from Medicare Scams by volunteering to tackle the multi-billion dollar healthcare fraud problem. Senior Medicare Patrol (SMP) grassroots efforts are successful, because retired volunteers across the nation empower Medicare beneficiaries to detect and report healthcare fraud. You can help reduce and prevent losses from the Medicare trust funds and protect benefits for Medicare beneficiaries.
The Iowa SMP program recruits, trains and guides volunteers throughout the state to help seniors become savvy healthcare consumers.
MAKE A DIFFERENCE...
• promote community awareness of healthcare errors, fraud and abuse;
• make one-on-one contacts with beneficiaries needing information and assistance;
• make presentations to groups about how to avoid getting taken by scam artists;
• host or help at an exhibit at community events;
• distribute consumer education materials about healthcare fraud;
• contact media within your community to promote SMP exposure;
• Be an ambassador for Northeast Iowa Area Agency on Aging, which provides valuable services for retired persons and caregivers
• Learn about the latest healthcare and identity theft scams
• Be active in your community and make new friends who have similar interests
• Use your creative skills
• Keep as busy as you like, but with flexible hours