Northeast Iowa Area Agency on Aging Elects 2023 Officers and Selects New Board Members
posted 11/9/2022 in
Northeast Iowa Area Agency on Aging, Inc. (NEI3A) is pleased to announce the election of the 2023 Board of Directors officers. The election occurred at the board's annual meeting on October 27, 2022. The officers include:
- Dan Byrnes (Allamakee County) – President
- Jacob Bates (Black Hawk County) – Vice President
- Greg Orwoll (Dubuque County) – Treasurer
- Valerie Schwager (Black Hawk County) - Secretary
- Patrick Murray (Howard County) – Past President
During the Annual Meeting, the current board also voted to accept the nominations of the following individuals to serve three-year terms effective January 1, 2023.
- Julie Hinders (Fayette County)
- Kayla Reyes (Black Hawk County)
In addition, to the new board members, Diana Dawley and Jean Maddux were reelected to serve another three-year term on the board.
Pat Murray, the 2022 Board Chair, expressed the board's appreciation for their willingness to serve in this capacity. "It's not only an honor, but a duty and responsibility for us to each find ways to support older individuals in their desire to remain independent and within our communities as they age. I'm looking forward to working with our new members and current board to continue advocating for seniors and supporting the agency's mission of helping older persons respond to their evolving needs and choices."
NEI3A Board of Directors
- Les Askelson (Winneshiek County)
- Kathy Babcock (Chickasaw County)
- Jacob Bates (Black Hawk County)
- Dan Byrnes (Allamakee County)
- Sally Davies (Jackson County)
- Diana Dawley (Poweshiek County)
- Elaine Eshbaugh (Black Hawk County)
- Mike Holmen (Fayette County)
- Jean Maddux (Black Hawk County)
- Patrick Murray (Howard County)
- Greg Orwoll (Dubuque County)
- Connie Perry (Hardin County)
- Chelsea Petersen (Bremer County)
- Valerie Schwager (Black Hawk County)
- Katie Thornton-Lang (Grundy County)
- Shannon Zoffka (Tama County)
NEI3A serves 18 counties in Northeast Iowa, including Allamakee, Black Hawk, Bremer, Buchanan, Butler, Chickasaw, Clayton, Delaware, Dubuque, Fayette, Grundy, Hardin, Howard, Jackson, Marshall, Poweshiek, Tama, and Winneshiek counties. For more information about NEI3A services, please visit www.nei3a.org or call 800-779-8707.